Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology: Admission Requirements

Students at a graduation ceremony with the UC Bearcat

Admission Requirements

This program is designed for students who have earned an associate degree from a medical imaging or radiation therapy program (i.e. radiologic technology, diagnostic medical sonography) and hold a national certification. Transfer credits may be awarded for previous educational experiences in these areas upon submission and review of appropriate documentation. Additional credits may be awarded for equivalent college courses taken at accredited institutions listed in the curriculum upon review of official transcripts.

To be admitted, students are required to hold national board certification within the profession. The following requirements must be met in order to be eligible for the core courses in the junior and senior years of the program:

  • Cumulative GPA of a 2.5 or better upon completion of medical imaging or radiation therapy program
  • Proof of professional certification

If you are nationally certified within the profession but do not have the associate degree, we can review your situation on an individualized basis and may be able to assist you in earning your associate degree so you can progress to the Radiation Science online bachelor's degree program.


Transferring to UC Requirements

Transfer students must meet the admission criteria and are required to have thier college transcripts sent to University of Cincinnati. Transcripts must be sent by the school or certificate provider. If the transcripts belong to the student, they MUST BE stamped "official" in a sealed envelope from the school. If you have questions about submission, call (513) 745-5700. 

  • Official High School Transcript (must be sent from the school or GED certificate and test scores) *If submitted by student the transcript MUST BE stamped "official" in a SEALED envelope from the school.
  • Official College Transcript(s) -  You are required to provide official transcripts from every college you have attended regardless of the number of credit hours you took or the grades you earned. If you have earned fewer than 30 semester or 45 quarter college credits, you must submit high school transcripts as part of your transfer application.
Request Information




accredited by council on social work education