Cincinnati Online and the University of Cincinnati offer students a balance of educational excellence and real-world experience. UC is a public research university with an enrollment of more than 45,000 students and has been named "Among the top tier of the Best National Universities," according to U.S. News & World Report.
UC has been named “Public University of the Year” by the Washington Center and the Princeton Review ranks us among the “Nation’s Best” and a “Green University.”
You’ll find the University of Cincinnati on numerous rankings and lists. Here are just a few:
U.S. News & World Report ranks the academic quality of over 1,800 colleges, schools and programs across the country (and the world!). Only the best schools are included. Here are just a few of our rankings with U.S. News & World Report:
- Global Universities – Top 200
- Cooperative Education (internships/co-ops)– one of only 22 programs named
- Top public school – 64
- College of Nursing master's program – 38
- College of Nursing midwifery program – 38
- College of Nursing DPN program - 47
Best online programs
- The Chronicle of Higher education calls the University of Cincinnati a 'research heavyweight.’
- UC’s 200 years of research breakthroughs have helped place it on the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching’s “research-intensive” university classification. Only 108 universities have this distinction (73 are public institutions).
- UC also received the Community Engagement Classification, acknowledging UC's emphasis on service in improving teaching and learning, as well as its commitment to benefiting the local and global community.
- Other research rankings include:
- The National Science Foundation ranked the university 51st in the United States and 35th among public universities, based on Federally Financed Research and Development Expenditures.
- Top Producer of Fulbright Scholars list — the Chronicle of Higher Education
Return on Investment Rankings
A University of Cincinnati degree has proven value.
We are ranked #1 for “Biggest Bang for your Buck” by PolicyMic and you’ll also find us on the Forbes Top Colleges List, which places heavy emphasis on post-graduate success, student debt and student satisfaction. A degree from UC isn’t just a degree it’s an investment in your future.
UC is also listed among those national universities with a healthy retention rate (86 percent). Our retention rate helps more students reach graduation each year.
Diversity and Inclusion Rankings
UC was named as a 2017 “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity magazine.
The university has also been a recipient of the following awards/recognitions:
- Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award recipient
- College of Nursing - Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award
- The International Student Barometer, which surveys international students, ranked UC in the top five worldwide for being the most welcoming.
- UC is listed among national universities with substantial economic diversity as measured by the percentage of undergraduates (42 percent) receiving federal Pell Grants for low-income students.
Veterans make up approximately 6% of UC’s student population with over 2,000 student veterans enrolled today. Our dedicated Veterans department helps turn vets into graduates by offering free tutoring, career planning, counseling and more.
UC has also received the following Veteran related rankings: