Student Complaint Information

Students attempting to resolve any issues or complaints with the university should follow the university’s policies and grievance procedures contained on the Right To Know website.  Students are encouraged to seek assistance from the University Ombuds Office for possible resolution before initiating the formal grievance process.

If a grievance cannot be resolved by the university’s internal processes, Ohio residents and out of state students residing in SARA states may choose to file a written complaint with the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE). The ODHE is responsible for responding to non-instructional complaints against public, independent non-profit and proprietary institutions of higher education in Ohio. Out of state students may also choose to seek the assistance of other applicable regulatory bodies or agencies in having their complaint reviewed. Contact information for each state’s higher education oversight agency is noted below.

Student Complaint Information by State and Agency

StateAgency Name and TelephoneLink to and/or Information about Complaint Process
AlabamaAlabama Commission on Higher Education

Telephone: (334) 242-2109
AlaskaAlaska Commission on Postsecondary Education

Telephone: (907) 465-6741
ArizonaArizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education

Telephone: (602) 542-5709
ArkansasArkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board

Telephone: (501) 371-2000
CaliforniaCalifornia Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education

Telephone: (916) 431-6959
ColoradoColorado Department of Higher Education

Telephone: (303) 862-3001
ConnecticutConnecticut Office of Higher Education

Telephone: (860) 947-1800
DelawareDelaware Department of Education

Telephone: (302) 857-3388
District of ColumbiaDistrict of Columbia Education Licensure Commission

Telephone: (202) 727-6436
FloridaFlorida Department of Education

(850) 245-0407
GeorgiaNonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission

Telephone: (770) 414-3300
HawaiiHawaii Post-secondary Education Authorization Program

Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs

Telephone: (808) 586-7327
IdahoIdaho State Board of Education

Telephone: (208) 332-1587
IllinoisIllinois Board of Higher Education

Telephone: (217) 557-7359
IndianaIndiana Commission on Higher Education

Telephone: (317) 232-1320
IowaIowa College Student Aid Commission

Telephone: (515) 725-3400
KansasKansas Board of Regents

Telephone: (785) 430-4240
KentuckyKentucky Council on Postsecondary Education

Telephone: (502) 573-1555
LouisianaLouisiana Board of Regents

MaineMaine Department of Education

Telephone: (207) 624-6846
MarylandMaryland Higher Education Commission
Telephone: (410) 767-3297

MassachusettsMassachusetts Department of Higher Education

Telephone: (617) 994-6950
MichiganMichigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs


(517) 373-1140
or toll free (877) 765-8388
MinnesotaMinnesota Office of Higher Education

(651) 259-3975 or 1-800-657-3866
MississippiMississippi Commission on College Accreditation

Telephone: (601) 432-6372
MissouriMissouri Department of Higher Education

Telephone: (573) 526-1577
MontanaMontana University System, Montana Board of Regents

Telephone: (406) 444-6570
NebraskaNebraska Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education

Telephone: (402) 471-4825
NevadaNevada System of Higher Education

Telephone: (702) 486-7330
New HampshireNew Hampshire Department of Education

Telephone: (603) 271-3494
New JerseyNew Jersey Secretary of Higher Education

Telephone: (609) 292-4310
New MexicoNew Mexico Higher Education Department

Telephone: (505) 476-8400
New YorkNew York Office of College and University Evaluation

Telephone: (518) 474-2593
North CarolinaThe University of North Carolina Board of Governors

Telephone: (919) 962-4550
North DakotaNorth Dakota University System

Telephone: (701) 328-2960
OhioOhio Department of Higher Education

Telephone: (614) 728-3095
OklahomaOklahoma State Regents for Higher Education

Telephone: (405) 255-9100
OregonOregon Office of Degree Authorization

Telephone: (503) 947-5716
PennsylvaniaPennsylvania Department of Education, Division of Higher


Telephone: (717) 783-8228
Puerto RicoPuerto Rico Council on Education

Telephone: (787) 641-7100
Rhode IslandRhode Island Board of Governors for Higher Education

Telephone: (401) 456-6008
South CarolinaSouth Carolina Commission on Higher Education

Telephone: (803) 737-2260
South DakotaSouth Dakota Secretary of State

Telephone: (605) 773-3455
TennesseeTennessee Higher Education Commission

Telephone: (615) 741-5293

TexasTexas Higher Education Coordinating Board

Telephone: (512) 427-6101
UtahUtah Division of Consumer Protection

Telephone: (801) 530-6601
VermontVermont State Board of Education

Telephone: (802) 479-1030
VirginiaState Council of Higher Education for Virginia

Telephone: (804) 371-2285
WashingtonWashington Student Achievement Council

Telephone: (360) 753-7800

Students may submit a formal complaint to the Washington Student Achievement Council, provided it is against an institution authorized by the Washington Student Achievement Council and is within one year of the last date of attendance. For more information, please contact the Washington Student Achievement Council at 360‐753‐7800.
West VirginiaWest Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission

Telephone: (304) 558-4016
WisconsinWisconsin Distance Learning Authorization Board

Telephone: (608) 266-1996
WyomingWyoming Department of Education

Telephone: (307) 777-6210