Proud Yellow-Ribbon Participating School

Request More Information from an Enrollment Advisor

Get Started

Military experience

Military service provides a wealth of experience that is highly valued by employers. It can also be very valuable in reducing the costs and credits needed to earn your college degree!

Transfer credit

The University of Cincinnati will accept and award college credit for your military training and experience in the U.S. Armed Forces or National Guard as long as it has been approved by the American Council on Education or a regional accrediting body. Military credit, as reported on a military transcript, is accepted at UC.

If you have earned military credit, you should contact the appropriate registry to have your official transcripts sent to the University of Cincinnati.

Once your military courses are evaluated, we will send you a Credit Evaluation Report showing the equivalent courses and credit hours that transfer to UC. Decisions about how your credits apply to specific academic programs are made by the college or department that offers your major.