Admission into the University of Cincinnati’s online Bachelor of Science in Law & Paralegal Studies degree program is selective and based on meeting the requirements outlined below.
Paralegals may not provide legal services directly to the public, except as permitted by law.
Students must take at least nine semester credits or the equivalent of legal specialty courses through synchronous instruction.
*If student has been out of high school for one year or more, they are not required to submit test scores
Students who were not admissible directly from high school must meet the following prerequisites:
An overall 2.75 GPA will be considered for acceptance.
1. Accreditation of the former institution;
2. Comparability of the course including evaluation of practical assignments;
3. Year the course was taken;
4. Assurance that the student will have at least 9 semester credits of legal specialty courses through synchronous instruction;
5. Documented proof that the grade received was a ‘C’ or above;
6. Transfer from schools that are not regionally accredited will not be allowed
The maximum credits allowed for transfer for this program would be 30 credits.
Applications are accepted continuously throughout the year.
Submit official transcripts to:
University of Cincinnati Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 210091
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0091
Electronic submissions can be sent to [email protected].
From admissions to graduation, we’re here to help.
Programs can be completed full-time or part-time. Many programs are set up to be part-time, with most containing fewer than 10 credit hours in any given semester. We know you have a lot going on, so want to make sure that school can fit into your schedule. Note: There are some exceptions.
No. your degree will be conferred by the University of Cincinnati, which will also be reflected on your transcripts and degree.
Yes. Many of our students qualify for some type of financial aid.
Sources of aid:
Additional resources to support you from start to finish.
© 2022 University of Cincinnati Online Copyright Information