Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
Earning a master’s degree is growing in significance in the ever-evolving field of criminal justice. It can prepare you for advanced leadership roles while also helping you demonstrate a higher level of commitment and professionalism. The University of Cincinnati Online Master’s in Criminal Justice can further your career in a format that offers you flexibility around your schedule.
The University of Cincinnati approaches criminology and criminal justice from an interdisciplinary perspective. Our coursework draws on insights from sociology, law, psychology, public administration, and criminal justice. This allows you to graduate with an understanding of the conceptual and theoretical frameworks that:
- informs the study of crime and criminal justice,
- assesses problems through a rigorous empirical evidence-based approach, and
- facilitates improved policy analysis.
Our graduates are adept at understanding research-based knowledge and how it applies to real-world situations. Although our students follow a variety of career paths, the skills learned in the program will help you with information gathering, processing, and problem solving regardless of your chosen career.
- Provide the conceptual and research skills needed to undertake advanced analyses of crime and the criminal justice system.
- Furnish law enforcement, corrections, and court practitioners with knowledge of justice administration, social science perspectives of human behavior, policy analysis, and criminology and criminal justice theory.
- Train future leaders in the criminal justice system by providing the skills needed to upgrade levels of professional practice, improve standards, initiate fresh perspectives, and act as agents of change.
- Prepare social scientists to pursue careers in university and research settings.
Why UC Online…
The best criminal justice practitioners value great research and evidence. Since you’re visiting us right now, we suspect you want to know, “What’s the best school for my master’s in criminal justice degree?” We think we’ve got a strong case why the University of Cincinnati online master’s program should be at the top of your list.
1. The University of Cincinnati is ranked among America’s Best Criminal Justice programs.
Our School of Criminal Justice is ranked among the Top 3 criminal justice programs by U.S. News & World Report. It’s also the highest ranked program to offer a 100% online master’s degree in criminal justice. Our CJ program has been offered online since 2002, making the University of Cincinnati one of the most experienced providers of online criminal justice education in the nation.
2. Our faculty members are internationally respected scholars.
University of Cincinnati faculty are ranked #1 nationally by The Journal of Criminal Justice for having the most published articles. They aren’t just teaching criminal justice – they are helping to shape it through research, developing evidence-based solutions and treatments, and publishing the books used in other criminal justice academic programs. As a student in our online master’s program, you will have access to the same highly-respected professors as our campus program.
3. This is not a watered-down version of our campus program.
We didn’t become one of America’s best online master’s in criminal justice programs by cutting corners. This is the same rigorous curriculum taught by the same prestigious faculty as at our main campus in Cincinnati. Our innovative courses are constantly updated to make sure you are getting the most relevant information to advance your career. You can even choose to specialize in an area that is most relevant to your professional development goals.
- Analysis of Criminal Behavior
- Corrections and Offender Rehabilitation
- Law Enforcement and Crime Prevention.
- General Track (No Concentration)
When you graduate from our online program, you will receive the same University of Cincinnati degree and the same diploma as students attending on campus. Many of our Master’s in Criminal Justice graduates actually participate in our commencement ceremony.
4. We’ve got your back.
We know that work and family are just as important to you as continuing your education. Our program is designed to provide the flexibility you need as a working professional while providing the education you want to improve your career.
If you bring the self-discipline and self-motivation, we’ll be a trusted partner in helping you succeed. Our courses are delivered 100% online with no required site visits. The program can be completed in as little as a year as a full-time student or two years of part-time study. We offer six starts each year, and our seven-week courses make earning your master’s easier to manage.
As a University of Cincinnati Online student, you’ll have access to:
- A dedicated enrollment advisor to help you through the application and financial aid process
- World-class faculty with regular office hours
- Professional facilitators for every course
- A student success coordinator to partner in your progress toward graduation
- Financial aid support
- A national and international alumni network.